Wanting to learn the fundamentals of photography or video in a one on one, hands on environment?
Looking to advance from shooting on your smart phone to a DSLR?
Frustrated with trying to understand camera settings?
Wanting to take your editing to the next step?
From basic camera functions, to advanced editing and colour correction, there is somewhere you would like to improve your skills to get more creative. So lets get to it! I have been shooting photography and video for many years, and now I want to share my knowledge with you. There's no way you're going to learn exactly what you want by learning in a classroom, watching youtube, or asking the dude at Best Buy, plain and simple. This is not a structured set of lessons, and there will not be handouts. Instead we will focus in detail on the the subjects YOU personally want to improve on, no matter how basic or advanced your questions may be.
Examples of subjects you may want to learn (But not limited to):
- Choosing a camera and lens
- Setting up your camera
- Basic camera operations
- Understanding ISO, shutter speed, aperture, frame rates, & white balance
- Understanding zebras, histograms
- Understanding monitors when editing
- Fast vs slow lenses
- Understanding sensor size
- HD vs 4k
- Importance of image editing
- Autofocus lenses vs manual focus lenses
- Adapting vintage lenses to modern cameras
- Focal lengths
- Understanding your software
- Bitrates, codecs, and compression
- Gildecam vs gimbal
- Shooting using picture styles
- Polarizing & ND filters
- Shooting and editing using your Smartphone
- Organizing and backing up material
- Understanding dynamic range
- HDR editing
- Recording external audio
- RAW vs Jpeg
- Conforming frame rates
- Understanding colours, hue, saturation, and luminance
- Color correcting and grading
- Using curves
My current rate for personal classes is $25/hr or an eight hour day for $160. These can be held anywhere you prefer, including my home and yours. Although bringing your own camera and other gear would be best, we can use mine if needed. I look forward to hearing from you and hope to go shooting soon!
|Last hour||Last 24 hours||All|